Wednesday, February 10, 2010

8:28 a.m., SF

Foggy morning in the desert. I typically ride my bike to work; down an extremely busy street filled with angry commuters. I got to thinking this morning, are the health benefits of riding my bike everywhere overshadowed by the exhaust I inhale while exerting myself on the streets of my fair city? Quite honestly if I end up with lung cancer at the age of 35 because of years of bike commuting I'm going to be pretty mad at all of you drivers out there. Anyways, morning routine of late:

1) Wake up at 6:30 a.m. before my alarm
2) Go to the Daily Show website and watch choice clips from the previous night
3) Lay in my bed for another 5-10 mins gathering up the energy to get out of bed and ride my bike in the cold.
4) Buy coffee at this bakery by my work, chat with employees.
5) Get to work, drink coffee, read all relevant Peace Corps blogs and lose just a tiny bit more of my sanity waiting.
6) Get more and more excited about the potential for next fall!

I hope hope hope Peace Corps lets me back in (still waiting on Placement), otherwise grad school. But, either way hopefully this time next year I'll be chipping away at my goals and living some place where I feel challenged. Ok, back to reading all the other blogs.

No comments: