Monday, January 11, 2010

8:32 am, SF

Still no new from Peace Corps, which actually isn't THAT surprising considering I was nominated for a fall 2010 post. I'm starting to sort of accept that I won't hear back for several months and it's a relief. I submitted my application to University of London on Friday and, remarkably, I believe I hear back before Peace Corps. I'm still working on applications to a few other schools just to have a few options come spring. For those of you who have the waiting blues, I'd recommend either taking the GRE, LSAT, (other acronym for grad school test), or applying to schools. It has significantly reduced the stress I've been feeling. I know that after all of the rigors of Peace Corps application another seems daunting, but either way it's a great distraction! To those of you already getting your invites congrats! To those of you nominated for fall 2010, take your time getting your stuff into Peace Corps, we're not gonna hear anytime soon either way. Ok, back to tapping my foot and writing statements of purpose...

3 comments:

AmaLuci said...

Which University of London program did you apply to?

I just finished my MA at University College London, which is one of UoL's colleges (although it's now mostly autonomous).

**Dynami†e!** said...

Oh cool! I applied to the school of oriental and african studies, masters of near and middle eastern studies. How did you like it?

Katherine said...

yeah, either that, or applying for other programs. I'm waiting to hear back on a Fulbright grant as well as the Peace Corps, so I'm twice as impatient!