Wednesday, January 6, 2010

9:21 am, Santa Fe

I wanted to write and ask if anyone has been nominated for the South Pacific for Fall of 2010? I think we should all band together and pool our collective intellects/resources to try and tease out some sort of potential invite date and potential countries. So far I've deduced that, out of the five potential countries in the South Pacific only Tonga, Vanuatu and Samoa have education listed as work areas. I was nominated for English education, therefore it would seem that one of those countries are the match. Now, staging dates. Vanuatu (September), Tonga (October), and Samoa (October). SO, as I cannot remember if they gave me a specific month at nomination (I believe she just said fall, I'm at work so I can't check the nomination letter), it would seem like Vanuatu is the most likely....which is fine with me, that place is gorgeous. But, let's work together and figure this out. I may be the only person nominated that far out right now, I have a feeling that my recruiter did this to torture me because she was somewhat evil. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

1 comment:

Betho said...

Hey, just stumbled on your blog through the applicants page... I was nominated also for late summer-ish Pacific Islands as a health volunteer. As far as I can tell I Vanuatu in September might be my best guess since most of the other countries don't have health programs. I agree its tough to just wonder about where we might be sent, hoping to tease a little information out of somebody at the placement office soon :) i'll let you know...